[Sigia-l] When will you buy one?

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 16:00:24 EDT 2007

Stew Dean:

> Two words - user experience.

Two words - Newton. Flop.

> If anyone really wants to make a dent in this kind of space what is
> needed is an effective text entry system that doesnt depend on a non
> tactile virtual keyboard or a stylus.

Walt asks why there isn¹t a physical keyboard on the iPhone, when RIM and
Palm have shown there¹s a real demand for them? ³Was there no one in
Cupertino who thought that was a good idea?² Jobs¹s answer: ³No. Š Once you
learn to trust the keyboard [1], it¹s a better keyboard. I¹ll bet you dinner
that you¹ll love it.²

<http://d5.allthingsd.com/20070530/steve-jobs-ceo-of-apple/#more-100>

[1] Apparently, it takes a day to get comfortable and a week to master it.

----
Ziya

In design, interaction is the last resort.