[Sigia-l] New (beta) IxDA Site

pauric radiorental at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:39:30 EDT 2007

Paola,  I've been beta testing the site for a little while now, some points
to note.

There has been one developer, ixda is not in a position to throw a couple of
100K in NRE at a program like this.
It has not been built from the ground up, its a very sophisticated
presentation layer on Mailman. It inherits the severe limitation of mailman.

Specifically;
1) Visual design: one person's mess is another's mana.  The fact you dont
like it means you're a unique individual just like everyone else.
2) List of names: Evidence of the underlying mailman IA.  I agree with you
and have found little use for the list.  There is an argument for skipping
to posters that you rate and value, avoiding chaff. Feel free to make an
alternate suggestion that transfers that feature of a mail list to a UI.
3) How can an org that promotes ixd release a crappy design:  A counter
argument would be to ask how can someone fully appreciate a design after 3
hours of use.  Its not selling ixd so it doesnt have to convert you. From my
perspective as a once heavy gmail user of ixda, I switched off my email
subscription about a month ago and use the site exclusively.

It works darn well, warts and all.  Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in
the design or ixda.

regard - pauric