[Sigia-l] RIA: the wrong tree?

tOM Trottier tOM at abacurial.com
Fri May 25 14:53:18 EDT 2007

Depends on:
    - what you want to do
    - whether the browser interface supports it
    - whether you are always connected with a big enough pipe
    - what kind of response time you get.

I doubt gamers would be happy with a browser interface, even AJAX.

Or people on a plane.

Or data analysts who want to slice and dice and redimension.

But if people want access to lots of current info, then they are usually willing to give up
niceties to have lots of data access via the network.

Ciao, tOM