[Sigia-l] [Meta] Plurality of Voices

Christina Wodtke cwodtke at eleganthack.com
Fri May 18 11:48:37 EDT 2007

This list is choked by a few people who feel strangely obligated to
respond to every post. In the seven years I've been on it, I've seen
both the quality and the number of postings go down. I strongly call out
to the moderator(s) to adopt this policy which has allowed the IXDA list
to thrive.

http://ixda.org/en/join_us/ixd_discussion_list/guidelines.shtml#plurality

    Plurality of Voices

IxD Discussion exists so members of the interaction design community can
easily communicate with one another. Excessive posting by any one
subscriber tends to inhibit others’ participation in the discussion, and
it becomes difficult to maintain a plurality of voices. If an individual
subscriber consistently makes excessive postings to this list—that is,
posts more than 10 messages a day or 50 messages a week—the list
administrator warns that subscriber. If this pattern of behavior
continues, the list administrator removes that subscriber from the list.

--
Christina Wodtke
Principal Instigator

Business :: http://www.cucinamedia.com