[Sigia-l] Web 2.0 99% bad

Stew Dean stewdean at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:02:02 EDT 2007

On 15/05/07, Eric Reiss <elr at e-reiss.com> wrote:
> The mere title, "Web 2.0" suggests a linear progression. But rather
> than expanding our toolkit, many think the techniques of 2.0 are
> meant to REPLACE the techniques of 1.0, which they don't. This was
> Nielsen's fairly important point - if one looks past some of the more
> sweeping statements.
>
> Some of us have been singing a similar song for well over a year now.
> Now that Jakob Nielsen has said it, maybe the message will reach
> beyond our little circle.

Have to agree with you on this Eric. Web 2.0 has ushered in a lot of
bad user experiences hidden behind under cool widgets and lime green
design.  It's no secret that most users don't get what an RSS feed is
and on most sites it goes utilised.. I'm one of the last people on the
planet to support what Nielsen says, he's been a pain for too many in
the industry for me to support, but in this case he does have a point,
but not a new one as you say Eric.

--
Stewart Dean