[Sigia-l] IA Cocktail Hour Amsterdam --> UX Cocktail Hours Amsterdam

Peter Boersma peter at peterboersma.com
Tue May 8 11:26:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

For those interested in meeting fellow user experience practitioners when traveling in Europe (and obviously those that live or work close to Amsterdam) I'd like to point your attention to the following announcement.

Since 2001 I have been organizing IA Cocktail Hours in Amsterdam, about 6 a year. These events have always been frequented by a mix of people with and without the job title Information Architect, and with or without a strong focus on IA in their work. But the conversations and, later, presentations always fell under what we now call the User Experience umbrella.
Recently, the members of the IA Cocktail Hour Amsterdam mailinglist (169 members) voted for a name change and effective today I have altered the settings of the Yahoo!Group (our main means of communication outside of the Cocktail Hours themselves) to reflect the outcome.

Our next event is on Wednesday, May 16, in a room called The Office at the stylish Lloyd Hotel. The evening is sponsored by Macaw (http://www.macaw.nl) and they will deliver the evening's feature presentation about a Windows Presentation Framework proof-of-concept for the city of The Hague. A second presentation about a competing framework (Adobe's Apollo) hasn't been formally announced but is in the works. I also hope to have one or two volunteers present a brief trip report about the IA Summit. As usual, before, in between and afterwards there is room to network, socialize and gossip :-)

If you would like to hear more about these events, please consider subscribing to the Yahoo!Group's mailinglist (and remember to use your own email address or Yahoo! will create one for you and you'll have to read the messages online):

For more information feel free to email me.

Peter
--
Peter Boersma | Senior Interaction Designer | Info.nl
http://www.peterboersma.com/blog | http://www.info.nl