[Sigia-l] Everything is Miscellaneous -- Titles

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 16:02:15 EDT 2007

Turmite:

> the visual design group is OUTSIDE the UX domain for our organization.

> we truly cover a pretty BROAD swath of UX.

> BEFORE you design a new feature or website."

> 'market' the LARGER discipline.

The 'larger' discipline is Design. Designers have created products,
services, experiences for millennia in one form or another. You recognize
that there's a larger 'force' here but won't acknowledge it for fear of its
graphical-only connotations. Fair enough.

The answer, however, is not in separating any significant aspect of Design
into disjointed organizational fiefdoms, like pretending visual design can
and should live divorced from structure, function, interaction, etc. How can
UX serve its full potential when the first plane of contact with users, the
visual interface, is intentionally outside its domain?

----
Ziya

Design doesn't add value, it creates it.