[Sigia-l] NYC IxDA Event: Industrial Design and IxD, Wednesday, May 23rd

Nasir Barday nasir at userlicious.com
Tue May 1 23:56:46 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who came out to last week's social at Eight Mile
Creek! This month, Ted Booth, Senior Design Manager at Motorola
Enterprise Mobility, will talk about his experiences as an Interaction
Designer working with Industrial Designers. If you'd like to attend,
please send send your RSVP to nyc-rsvp at ixda.org. More event info:

** What interaction designers have to learn from industrial design,
and vice versa **
* Presented by Ted Booth, Senior Design Manager, Motorola Enterprise Mobility *

Details:
Thursday May 23rd, 6:30pm
Location provided on RSVP (send RSVPs to nyc-rsvp at ixda.org).

"After nearly eight years designing web sites, online and desktop
applications, I dropped the browser and embraced devices. I wanted to
explore designing for different physical platforms because the
Internet, and digital experiences more broadly, were moving beyond
just the PC. Since then I have worked almost exclusively with
industrial designers, mechanical and electrical engineers. In this
presentation, I will share experiences and insights into what
interaction designers and industrial designers have to learn from each
other."

About Ted Booth:
Ted leads interaction design at Motorola Enterprise Mobility, formerly
Symbol Technologies. His team is part of the Innovation and Design
group which includes industrial designers, design researchers, human
factors engineers, and mechanical, electrical and software engineers.
His team handles user interface and interaction design for a wide
range of mobile computers, RFID devices, remote management software
services, and desktop and mobile software applications. Their products
are used throughout the retail, transport and logistics, manufacturing
and health care industries.

Prior to joining Motorola, Ted was an interaction design consultant
working with clients including Autodesk, Eyebeam, Gucci, Intuit,
Johnson & Johnson, HP, Microsoft, Palm, and
Real Networks. During this time, Ted was the Interaction Design
Director at Method, a consulting firm specializing in brand identity,
web design, and product user interface. He
holds a Masters of Design from Illinois Institute of Technology.

Please RSVP to nyc-rsvp at ixda.org if you'd like to attend.

And if you're interested in helping us run and coordinate events,
please e-mail us at nyc at ixda.org.

Cheers,
Nasir Barday
NYC Interaction Design Association