[Sigia-l] Twitting yet?

Davezilla davezilla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:37:14 EDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Jamie Foggon <jarmes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Arranging rides though - I guess if you're on the move and can push a
> message out to everyone you know asking for a lift, that is quite
> handy. Twitter is not location based though is it? You would basically
> be spamming everyone on the off-chance that someone reads your message
> and happens to be in the right place at the right time?

Several protocols have already emerged on Twitter. For example, if I
wanted to respond to you directly (knowing my entire friends list will
see it), I would preface the message with @Jamie.

Location is the point of Twitter. The question, "What am I doing right
now?" is used extensively for organizing friends to meet up, hence its
popularity at SxSW where after seminar meetups are the norm.
Lidfehacks ran a great article on uses for Twitter:
<http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/5-ways-to-use-twitter-for-good.html>

--
Color me gone,
Dave Linabury (Davezilla)

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are."– Anais Nin