[Sigia-l] CEOs as Designers

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 29 04:13:47 EDT 2007

I don't usually agree with NussbaumOnDesign at BusinessWeek [1], but his
latest column appears to be an attempt to annoy C. Fahey:

It's my latest thinking on innovation and design. There are a number of
bottom lines in it but perhaps the most important is that I now believe that
CEOs and managers must know Design Thinking to do their jobs. CEOs must be
designers and use their methodologies to actually run companies. Let me be
even more precise. Design Thinking is the new Management Methodology.

Let me emphasize this. I think managers have to BECOME designers, not just
hire them. I think CEOs have to embrace design thinking, not just hire
someone who gets it. I think many business schools have to merge with design
schools, not just play poke and tickle with them.

A design MBA, now that¹s hot.

<http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/NussbaumOnDesign/archives/2007/06/ceos
_must_be_de.html>

Smoking hot? Or just smokin'?

----
Ziya

Business = Design = Business.

[1] He just dissed NYC, fer christ's sake. What's up with all this
anglophilia? ;-)