[Sigia-l] Reports w/ Horizontal Scrolls

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 23 17:26:56 EDT 2007

pauric:

> no, because nothing is formally *selected* until the selection highlight is
> finished and ctrl c is hit.

Look, don't try to be obtuse with this. Control-C/copying has nothing
whatsoever to do with whether an object or a string is selected. In the two
basic browser models, IE/Moz, selection event handlers are not mysteries,
look it up. Dragging is something else that can be easily distinguished.

> 'this isnt the forum for that'  If you dont mind me quoting you when asked
> about some of your posts on this forum... 'its all software'

As is custom here over the past few years, we don't get engaged in
code/markup level minutiae, this is not a technical list in that sense.
(Though every few weeks I get asked off-list to help out with technical
dilemmas from folks here, and that's fine.)

Mind you, my initial response was that you could easily drag&pan a table or
a any div element in a designated space. If that solves the original problem
posed, great. The advisability of in-place editing at cell level of a table
while preserving drag&pan wasn't something I addressed as a solution to
anything specific. I have no idea what the full parameters of the original
problem are. I have no idea what the goal of this table presentation is and
what other contextual issues need to be considered. Let's not get carried
away.

----
Ziya

"Custom will reconcile people to any atrocity."