[Sigia-l] Multi-touch on a laptop

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 04:18:12 EDT 2007

Andrew Boyd:

> When are Apple going to come out with a multitouch tablet that will be
> supported by non-US tech support? :)

It'll be announced Tuesday, April 27, 2008 at 4:15 PM, but Aussies will miss
it as they will be at a Happy Hour I'm sure. Look, we don't want to provide
tech support to people who think Thursday midnight is Friday afternoon
anymore than we have to either.

I'm genuinely interested in, however, the question of whether users would
accept a form factor larger than an iPhone and smaller than, say, a 12-13"
laptop, at paperback book size. We have the Filofax form factor that was
popular all around for a while. Can such a device survive if it can't be
held comfortably in one hand?

On the other hand, as long as radio/wireless connectivity was included in
such a device, current battery technology just doesn't make it realistic, so
it might be moot question anyway.

----
Ziya

The constraint is the design.