[Sigia-l] What happened to the good IAs

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:14:34 EDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Laurie Gray <laurie.gray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was a Speech Pathologist in my first career and I had to be both
> nationally and state certified. I had state laws that dictated what I could
> and could not do. In order to work, I had to earn a Master's Degree, take a
> national board exam, and complete a 9 month "residency". I even had to carry
> malpractice insurance. The reason for this, I suppose, was that depending on
> the environment in which I worked, I could potentially cause a patient
> significant psychological harm, or physical harm to the point of killing
> them if I misdiagnosed/did not treat them properly.
>
> I don't see those sort of risks in my current position, so I don't see the
> need for certification as an IA.

Laurie,

in the spirit of one-up-person-ship :)

I've designed for systems that were expected to work in effectively
battlefield conditions, and others where bad things could happen if
things went wrong. And I don't see the need for certification either.

Cheers, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd
http://facibusreviews.com