[Sigia-l] What happened to the good IAs

agenkina at ucla.edu agenkina at ucla.edu
Thu Jun 21 21:07:21 EDT 2007

As a junior IA who is trying to enter the field, it has actually been
very difficult to find a job. All the companies want "Senior IAs"
with 5+ years experience. If no one is willing to hire junior IA's how
am I supposed to gain this experience? Given that all the listings I
have seen request senior to mid level IA's, I am forced to apply for
these positions in hopes that someone will give me a chance.
Additionally, after speaking with several people in the field, the
general consensus is that many companies have listing for "Senior
IA's" in order to detract some applicants, but would be willing to
consider junior IA's if they apply. I do not know if this is actually
true.

If anyone has any suggestions for entering this field, I would
certainly appreciate the advice.

Sincerely,
Alla Zollers