[Sigia-l] What happened to the good IAs

Dan.Chamberlain at dom.com Dan.Chamberlain at dom.com
Thu Jun 21 14:40:10 EDT 2007

Giovanni,

I've been following this thread for the last few days and thought I'd offer
up an idea or two:

   Take an honest look at the position, is this something that would
   interest a senior IA or is it a lateral move?
   Is the compensation package enough to attract an already well paid
   senior IA?
   Is the company you are recruiting for the type of enterprise that
   attracts top talent?

I agree with Laura Hunter, a very good recruiter, btw. The USA is full of
excellent UX professionals, the issue may not be as simple as "What
happened to the good IAs in NYC." Look in the mirror... If you're target
market is not responding, it's the message, not the customers.

As for an IA certification, I'd use it to charge more... :->

Cheers

Dan Chamberlain
Internet Strategy
Dominion Resources