[Sigia-l] Sigia-l Digest, Vol 33, Issue 24

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Thu Jun 21 09:52:55 EDT 2007

> > Certification helps people who are not on this list, such as
> > managers

It also helps more than managers. At the least, it helps everyone
when the profession involved deals with issues of public health and
safety.

Think about engineers and doctors. I don't want just anyone
designing bridges and poking around in my lower colon. I want
someone with the proper credentials. Someone who has been certified,
in some way, by someone, because that gives me some faith in their
skills and, crucially, some recourse if something goes wrong.

IA's don't deal with bridges or colons, but we increasinglyg
consider our work to be a vital part of how the world functions.

--
Karl Fast
http://www.livingskies.com/