[Sigia-l] What happened to the good IAs

Giovanni Fortezza giovanni at fortezza.com
Wed Jun 20 11:17:40 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I have been on the list for a while and follow conversations as much as I
can and was wondering whether anyone else is currently having these
problems.

In the New York market there is a shortage of Junior IAs and IAs but there
are plenty of Senior IAs. Which would suggest that there are no IAs entering
the workforce, however that doesn't seem to be the case. The majority of the
senior IAs I am interviewing are at best Junior and the rest are certainly
not senior.

That raises the issue that have seen on this list in the past, should there
be some kind of certification or a certain number of years/projects or both
that an IA should have under their belt in order to move up a level?

I understand the issues around it i.e. who gets to decide what the criteria
is, who will enforce it and so on. But I feel that as professionals whose
primary objective is the development of a great experience we need to do
this. I have some more ideas as to how to pull this off but I was curious as
to what the rest of the community feels.

Any thoughts?

Giovanni Fortezza

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:12 PM