[Sigia-l] IAs vs BAs

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:51:48 EDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> There's a small and growing industry around enabling BAs and other
> non-designers 'design' software, blurring the line between
> requirements/prototyping and near-production level output.

...and because the line is blurred to the point of uselessness, I
support this - if a BA wants to pick up Axure and start prototyping so
that they can better communicate requirements, I am all for it. Why?
Because any useful use of prototyping is better than none. Thanks to
work by some colleagues, the BA group in the organisation I'm working
in currently are adopting Axure, and they're getting results. This
does not make them IAs - it makes them BAs who are using an IA
technique, in the same way that IA borrows from many other fields.

Cheers, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd
http://facibusreviews.com