[Sigia-l] IAs vs BAs

Marc Wendell mwbklyn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:42:34 EDT 2007

I hate to say it like this, but "a rose by any other name would smell as
sweet." Given the variety of projects and contexts in which IAs and BAs
serve the duties carried out by both roles will undoubtedly overlap and
interplay. I have personally found that under this broad professional "web"
category positions and titles tend to loose their meaning. As previously
touched upon, people working as IAs or BAs (myself included) are
increasingly defined in terms of their specific output, rather than their
title as a whole. I wonder how many IAs out there do ONLY IA related stuff
and vice versa for BAs.
-Marc Wendell
Columbia University