[Sigia-l] IAs vs BAs

Christopher Fahey chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com
Tue Jun 19 13:10:27 EDT 2007

> There's a small and growing industry around enabling BAs and
> other non-designers 'design' software, blurring the line
> between requirements/prototyping and near-production level output.

The direct literal translation of requirements into web site designs is
still surprisingly common, and the continuing use of the core BA
skillset (without a healthy compliment of IA, interaction design, and
information/graphic design skills) as the foundation for designing a
site is, I suspect, part of the reason why this still occurs.

The nature of this process (Requirement: Need a login error message -->
Solution: Create an error message screen) is, I suspect, part of the
reason why RIAs and Ajax took so long to really start to mature.

Cheers,
-Cf

Christopher Fahey