[Sigia-l] IAs vs BAs

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:46:00 EDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Adrian Howard <adrianh at quietstars.com> wrote:
> Indeed. But BA's cross over into design just as much as IA's cross
> over into business processes.

That's not always a good thing, although, I have to admit seeing far
more BA's doing IA that IA's doing BA. I think the reason is how
people traditionally end up in those roles.

I personally hate it when BA's try to design anything, because unless
you're lucky (and relying on luck is a dangerous business) your BA
haven't got design skills, background or, perhaps most important, the
knack for it. I know this is stereotyping and possibly hurting some
really clever BA out there, but it *is* my experience.

Alex