[Sigia-l] IAs vs BAs

Juan Ruiz juan.ruiz at ceo.syd.catholic.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 01:00:50 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Probably this was discussed on previous posts... Information Architects
vs Business Analysts

I am finding it difficult to differentiate and specially, to separate
the activities between an IA and a WEB BA (or Online BA).

Note that I am talking about WEB Business Analysts, not just any type of
BA.

Where do we draw the line? I find that because BAs look more into the
business side of things and their work is more aligned to Project
Management methodologies, their opinions weight more than from an IA.

As IAs, do you find yourself doing BAs work?

I need some help clarifying the differences between both roles.

Thanks!

-Juan

Information and Communication Technology Unit

CEO Sydney

38 Renwick Street

Leichhardt NSW  2040

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressed recipient(s) only and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please delete the message and any attachments and copies immediately; and notify the sender by return e-mail.

Any views expressed in this message or any attachments are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily represent the corporate opinion of the Catholic Education Office (CEO), Sydney.

The CEO Privacy Policy is located at http://www.ceo.syd.catholic.edu.au