[Sigia-l] "Getting the design right, and getting the right design"

Donna Maurer donnam at maadmob.net
Sat Jun 16 21:12:09 EDT 2007

Listera wrote:
> For nuggets of wisdom...or usability dirt. :-)
>
> As is evident, I don't take design bigotry and pseudo-scienticism of Jakob
> and ilk all that seriously, but I would like to see a theoretician of
> usability tackle how their profession relates to strategic aspects of design
> and architecture, if at all.

My opinion is that it doesn't relate. If you are doing the strategic
aspects of design and architecture, you aren't doing 'usability' (even
if you happen to have a usability role or work in a usability team).

And that's my opinion as a person who once primarily did usability and
now doesn't so much. It doesn't make it lesser, just a different beast
to strategy and design.

--
Donna Maurer
Maadmob Interaction Design