[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:38:49 EDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Eric Scheid <eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au> wrote:
> and is what you are objecting to actually "design" (vs style or fashion)?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that good design is about
the creation of something that is fit for purpose - the thing does
what it promises to do.

The Hello Kitty laptop promises to be a Hello Kitty laptop, with all
the advantages/baggage so entailed. The iPhone promises to be an Apple
smartphone. useit.com promises to be the Word according to Jakob. All
are fit for purpose - and while we may question the purpose, I think
that all three fit their purpose well.

Cheers, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd