[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Bright, Robin (CD) Robin.Bright at defra.gsi.gov.uk
Fri Jun 8 09:29:12 EDT 2007

 It's everywhere - just take a look at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/women/story/0,,2098269,00.html

-----Original Message-----
From: sigia-l-bounces at asis.org [mailto:sigia-l-bounces at asis.org] On
Behalf Of Ziya Oz
Sent: 08 June 2007 10:55
To: SIGIA-L
Subject: Re: [Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Paola Kathuria:

> it's not a big leap to pinkify laptops

iPods are 'pinkified' too. But, c'mon, look at a pink iPod and then look
at
this monstrosity. It's not just the color. The whole thing just grosses
me
out. I'd rather glue a brown Zune to my head than look at this, wouldn't
you?

I'd easily pay $500 to be able to sit in on the meetings where its
design
and branding were conducted. How many anthropologist were slain to come
up
with that gender-cultural insight? Did their focus groups use eye
tracking
equipment? Did they make paper prototypes? :-)

----
Ziya

In design, interaction is the last resort.

------------
IA Summit 2008: "Experiencing Information"
April 10-14, 2008, Miami, Florida

-----
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform
the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked
for known viruses whilst within Defra systems we can accept no
responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored and/or
recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.