[Sigia-l] It's started

Manu Sharma manu at orangehues.com
Tue Jun 5 03:22:12 EDT 2007

Nancy Broden:
>> I have hopes that the iPhone's (presumed) success will goose the
>> entire mobile
>> industry into producing more useful, usable and enjoyable
>> products and
>> services.

Ziya:
> This is highly doubtful and why I gave the examples of the iMac
> and iPod not
> being properly 'copied' by the rest of the industry.

I couldn't agree more with Ziya. Here's an excellent analysis on the
mobile industry's reaction to iPhone and "how the electronics
industry failed to beat the iPod."

http://tinyurl.com/2zly24

Quote:
"To many observers it is one of the great mysteries of the
electronics world. Not how the iPod became such a huge success, but
how other manufacturers have still failed to effectively compete
against the white ear bud toting little player [...] As each new
device from competitors is hailed as an "iPod Killer" and promptly
fails to live up to expectations analysts seem to have finally given
up on the term altogether.

Why hasn't anyone been able to create or market a music player that
can effectively take on Apple's iPod?"

Manu