[Sigia-l] It's started

Will Parker wparker at channelingdesign.com
Mon Jun 4 12:13:55 EDT 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 7:09 AM, Nancy Broden wrote:

> T-mobile has emphasized one key aspect of their UI with the
> introduction of "My Faves" last year. It is based on the idea (borne
> out by reaserch mind you) that, although our contact list my hold
> dozens of entries, we generally only communicate with the same 3 - 5
> on a daily basis.

And a shining example of using user research to drive design it is --
but this is in effect a (very nice) address book feature running on
top of a couple dozen relatively disparate hardware/software UIs.

If mobile phone UIs were short stories, My Faves would be a
particularly felicitous paragraph. Is that enough to support an
entire UI story? If it's the core of the story, perhaps -- but is it
enough?

- Will

Will Parker
wparker at ChannelingDesign.com

“I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If
that were the case, then Microsoft would have great products.” -
Steve Jobs