[Sigia-l] Count your atoms

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 03:35:14 EDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> All those things you heard about the number of clicks, dumping every
> imaginable link on the home page, max page sizes under 30Kb, etc were true.
> >From this point on, every gratuitous call-back to a web server will have to
> be offset by planting a daisy and violators will be forced by the green
> police to listen to An Inconvenient Pixel, since the video version on
> YouTube would be environmentally catastrophic.
>
> Geez.

Ziya,

Do not discount the work opportunities offered by kneejerk carbon
neutrality initiatives. While something does need to be done, there
will ever be those that seek to turn fear into cash.

Like Y2K, this is going to keep a lot of otherwise unemployable
webby/coder types off the streets, and like Y2K, some will make a
fortune from it.

We Who Know Better (or, at least, like to think that we do) need the
facts to arm our clients against the inevitable flood of
fly-by-nighters (I remember once we used to call them WAWs - something
like Waiter-Artist-Webdesigners).

Cheers, Andrew
---
Andrew Boyd