[Sigia-l] Defeated by Orthodoxy, again

Stephen Collins trib at acidlabs.org
Tue Jul 24 06:55:00 EDT 2007

I'm calling bulls*#t on crazy Uncle Jakob on this one.  He may be out
of touch, but he's not stupid.  There's no way in the known universe
that this dialog beat him.

I'll agree that the popup dialog would have been better had an
obvious exit or confirm settings point, but it seems pretty obvious
to me that with the "Show options dialog" checkbox filled, what
you're getting is a set of additional options for the "Save As".
They're being shown in a floated popup, sure, but it's more than
obvious that they belong contextually to the parent and that they are
options for the Save action.  It's not terribly difficult.

I'll also concede that overall, the design could have been better in
linking the two boxes.  Hell, in almost every design there's
*something* that could have been better.

So, in violent agreement with you, Ziya.

Steve
e trib at acidlabs.org
w www.acidlabs.org
b www.acidlabs.org/services/blog
t +61 410 680722
skype trib22

acidlabs
strategies, tools and processes to empower knowledge workers

thoughtglue
the mental adhesive for creative knowledge workers
www.thoughtglue.com