[Sigia-l] Computer scientists and engineers thinking about user acceptance and social adoption?

Laurie Gray laurie.gray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:06:42 EDT 2007

They're starting to get on board the CX/UX train (which is good), but
I would say that traditionally, I would not consider engineers and
computer scientists as customer-facing, and I suspect that the
old-timers in CS/engineering field would not either. Note that I'm in
the group that thinks that they should be thinking about this stuff
because the outcomes, at least in my experience, are much better when
they do. It's sort of one of those "well, duh" moments, similar to the
one I had when I read that Duke University Med school has a course to
teach its doctors in training to interact with patients...

Laurie