[Sigia-l] The CogTool Project

Jonathan Baker-Bates Jonathan.Baker-Bates at lbi.com
Fri Jan 19 09:41:06 EST 2007

A little facile though. The thing about CogTool is that it takes GOMS
out from the stygian darkness of HCI and stopwatches, and holds out the
possibility of using the approach as part of a mixture of useful
techniques. In the same way as you wouldn't use eye-tracking as the sole
means of testing a design, I don't think anyone is using cognitive
modelling in that way either.

As a result of Ziya's tip, I gave CogTool a quick go and wrote up the
results on our company blog yesterday. Despite the obvious caveats, I
think it might have some value in real world design:

http://stream.lbigroup.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/evaluating_cogtool
/

Jonathan