[Sigia-l] How the design process fits into the agile methodology, WAS Pricing the Design Process

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 14 14:17:55 EST 2007

Adrian Howard:

> It's true that if you don't have people with design skills involved
> in the team then you're less likely to get a decent product out the
> other end - but this is true of any process.
>
> Agile development doesn't devastate design any more than any other
> process.

Are you suggesting a new motto for XP: "We're no worse than any other
process!" :-)

I don't have a strongly held position on XP but I have some observations:

1.  Virtually all XP projects are developer driven.

2.  Virtually all waterfall projects of yesteryear were developer driven.

3.  XP wasn't created specifically to solve design problems.

4.  Developers are not designers.

Make of it what you will.

----
Ziya

"If I had asked my customers what they wanted,
they would have asked for a faster horse." -- Henry Ford