[Sigia-l] WhatsWrongWithU

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 7 18:02:51 EST 2007

Will Parker:

>> "...the dark fear haunting their feeble, quivering soul - that in some sense,
>> they are a superficial semi-person assembled from packaging; an infinitely
>> sad, second-rate replicant who doesn't really know what  they are doing here,
>> but feels vaguely significant and creative each time they gaze at their sleek
>> designer machine. And the more deftly constructed and wittily argued their
>> defence, the more terrified and wounded they secretly are."
>
> Lord! I didn't know Aldous Huxley was still alive. Or is that his
> grandson, Arthur McStrawman Huxley?

I think this was addressed by Apple in its seminal 1984 TV commercial, by
way of the omnisciently evil Mentor's speech on the big monitor:

"My friends, each of you is a single cell in the great body of the State.
And today, that great body has purged itself of parasites. We have triumphed
over the unprincipled dissemination of facts. The thugs and wreckers have
been cast out. And the poisonous weeds of disinformation have been consigned
to the dustbin of history. Let each and every cell rejoice! For today we
celebrate the first, glorious anniversary of the Information Purification
Directive! We have created, for the first time in all history, a garden of
pure ideology, where each worker may bloom secure from the pests of
contradictory and confusing truths. Our Unification of Thought is a more
powerful weapon than any fleet or army on Earth! We are one people. With one
will. One resolve. One cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death.
And we will bury them with their own confusion! We shall prevail!"

PlaysForSure. :-)

----
Ziya

Heterogeneity happens.