[Sigia-l] Testing your own sites

Christopher Fahey askrom at graphpaper.com
Sun Feb 4 12:35:10 EST 2007

On the NYC-CHI list today, a representative of a big web shop said this:

> My company is dismantling its focus group and
> usability testing lab, due to a chronic lack
> of space and clients' growing reluctance to
> allow our agency to do testing on our own work.

Has anyone else working on the consulting side observed this phenomenon? My
company's thinking has always been that, basically, it takes an awful lot of
chutzpah to try to sell in-house usability testing services as part of a
design and development process.

If you do offer design and usability testing services, have you observed
client distrust of the model? How do you get over it?

Does anyone else decline to sell such services for the same reason I don't?

Thanks,
-Cf

Christopher Fahey
Behavior