[Sigia-l] site redesign sales proposals

Eric Reiss elr at e-reiss.com
Thu Aug 23 03:18:48 EDT 2007

Dimitri -

I was just being testy when I made my remark about consultants. Sorry
- it was a tough day yesterday...

Another advantage of using heuristics as a business opener addresses
Donna's concern - we invariably start with a fairly detailed brief
from the client so that we understand their business goals. If you
don't know the client, your heuristics are just going to uncover
basic usability glitches, but won't necessarily do much to improve
conversion rates.

One of the hurdles when working with a new client is that there's
always a discovery phase - and most clients don't like to pay for
this. "Oh, we'll send you the expensive report our consultants
prepared. You'll find everything you need."

Not.

Our Quick and Dirty method gets us into a serious dialog with the
client, which often includes C-level execs. More and more, we're
seeing that Q&D is being commissioned by middle managers who have the
authority to approve a budget up to about USD 5K, but need something
that will help convince the higher-ups that they need more resources
to really make a difference. Using our report, the C-levels start to
understand why this work is important not just what someone thinks
should be done.

Cheers,
Eric
FatDUX