[Sigia-l] "Don't make me shave"?

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 16:54:38 EDT 2007

Samantha Bailey:

> I don't have long fingernails (piano lessons growing up)

That's the fascinating part. I don't recall anyone accusing Steinway or
Bösendorfer as ergonomic fascists for forcing the stronger sex to
reconfigure their anatomy to play music. Times changed? Blogs? What?

As an example, Apple asks iPhone users to readjust a lot of their past
behavior: email over MMS, no cut&paste, no physical keyboard, gestures over
conventional UI controls, no stylus, acrobatics for self-portraiture, no
texting while driving, keratin maintenance, etc.

If you were to compile a complete list of such changes that require user
adjustment (and, of course, run concordance and publish it on Rosenfeld
Media as scientific insight :-) you'd think, my god, this thing is going to
flop. The reality, however, is that likely millions of people of all shapes
and sizes will gladly part with their money to enter into bondage with the
iPhone. Masochism? Time to rethink, "Don't make me _____"?

"Don't look where you've fallen. Look where you slipped."