[Sigia-l] impact of flash splash page on abandonments?

Laurie Gray laurie.gray at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:23:09 EDT 2007

I need some metrics. I'm hoping someone has evidence - anecdotal or
otherwise - that will allow us to speak to a client who seems to be
going in the direction of putting brand-oriented flash movies on the
home page before content is loaded.

I do think it's very possible to achieve middle ground such that when
the flash animation is greater than "X" milliseconds, abandonments
increase by >Y% but as long as it's shorter than that, there is no
impact. It's just a matter of finding what that value is.

Thanks,
Laurie Gray