[Sigia-l] Create Account vs. Register

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 4 18:23:34 EDT 2007

Brett Ingram:

> We have been debating the language to use - "Create an Account" vs.
> "Register".

Generally speaking, "account" is transactional: money, goods, time, etc.,
changing hands. "Register" is more for authentication/identification. Of
course, depending on context, either might be useful. In such situations, I
tried to think of negative consequences: do I have an account or a
registration at, say, iTunes store? If I'm in the habit of purchasing there,
I wouldn't say I'm 'registered' at iTunes store; "account" seems much more
apt.

----
Ziya

Complexity is simple.