[Sigia-l] Reminder: Canberra IA Cocktail Hour - Tuesday 03 October 2006: CrazySexyCool - Web 2.0

Andrew andrew at humaneia.com
Sat Sep 30 15:23:42 EDT 2006

Apologies for the cross-posting

This is a reminder that the next Canberra IA Cocktail Hour is on Tuesday (because more people can make Tuesdays) 03 October 2006.

Steve Collins (of ACME Guide fame) will be talking to us on... wait for it... CrazySexyCool (Web2.0 - what is it, why do I want it and how do I get there?)

If you work with technology (don't we all?) you've probably heard the term "Web2.0" by now.  But what is Web2.0?  Why is it sending the pundits into breathless paroxysms?  Is it REALLY as important as the tech media and permanent-beta start-ups would have you believe?  Most importantly, is it a viable option for you and your project?

Revelation awaits when Steve Collins delivers the answers on Web2.0...

As per usual it will be a meet'n'greet/presentation/chat format, with the emphasis on information exchange at practitioner level. This is a great opportunity to talk with other IAs in Canberra and have a few drinks.

Time: 17:00-18:30
Day/Date: Tuesday 03 October 2006
Venue: SMS Management & Technology
Ground Floor, 8 Brindabella Circuit
CANBERRA AIRPORT ACT

If you have not already done so, please RSVP for catering purposes.

Parking: a reminder that Brindabella Park has different parking arrangements than those found in many parts of Canberra - there is free parking for the first hour adjacent to the entrance of 8 Brindabella Circuit. After that you have to move your car or pay for parking (and this applies past the end of the meeting).