[Sigia-l] Rollover Question (Web 2.0)

tOM Trottier tOM at Abacurial.com
Fri Sep 29 02:57:48 EDT 2006

On Friday, September 29, 2006 at 0:05,
Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The choice is not between what's visible and what's hidden or if
> visible is preferable. Duh, obviously you'll prefer and perform
> better with what's visible. But it's impossible to have everything
> always visible everywhere. Just not practical. So, as a designer,
> you always try to balance what has to be hidden, one way or another,
> and what's *indispensable* for navigation, interaction, emotion,
> etc., and must therefore be visible at all times.

Why isn't it always practical to have all pertinent info visible?

Any examples of when a rollover is preferable?

tOM

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@ 	tOM Trottier
 _-\_<, 	758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)	N45.41235 W75.71345	+1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </    	This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')		a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~	to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle