[Sigia-l] Straw Poll: User Test Follow-up

Bill Killam bkillam at user-centereddesign.com
Thu Sep 28 08:12:31 EDT 2006

You can't do either if you're trying to get the performance data to speak
for itself.  If you use the same users, their knowledge of the previous
design would bias any results.  If you use new users, your numbers are too
small to make any claims with reasonable confidence.   So, no matter how you
approach it you're doing qualitative testing not quantitative testing.

But, since it is qualitative, use whatever 10 are available.  Then, rely on
your judgment, not the numbers.

Bill
Bill Killam, MA CHFP
President, User-Centered Design, Inc.