[Sigia-l] JOB: Information Design Consultant, Dynamic Diagrams (Providence, RI)

Lisa Agustin lisa at dynamicdiagrams.com
Wed Sep 27 13:56:13 EDT 2006

Join the Dynamic Diagrams team and help create new ways to visualize complex
information!  We have a full-time, permanent position for an information
design professional with proven experience in information design, marketing
strategy, and communications.  We encourage personal and professional growth
and offer generous time off and flexible working arrangements, which can
include telecommuting.  The dress is casual and the team environment is a
supportive one.  Your ideas will make a difference.

ABOUT THE POSITION: Your primary responsibility will be to gather,
structure, and synthesize the information that underpins our sophisticated
visual explanations.  Typical project activities include interviewing
stakeholders; investigating audience, business and technical requirements;
reviewing competitive position and strategy; structuring content into
compelling narratives; developing visualization concepts; writing marketing
and technical copy; and otherwise building the logical framework for
compelling, informative communication.

You will then work with our design team to turn these concepts into visual
explanations, diagrams, and presentations.  Throughout the project, you will
be the primary client liaison and project manager--creating plans,
schedules, and budgets, to ensure successful outcomes for the client and our
firm.

ABOUT YOU:  You have in-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in
business or process analysis, information design, marketing strategy,
interaction design, or a related field.  You are an analytical yet creative
thinker, who can study complicated systems and develop innovative ways to
help others understand.  You are intellectually curious, flexible,
self-directed, and good at time management.  You have superb written and
verbal communication skills, and know how to translate business objectives
into tangible results.  You are good at building consensus, and can work
well as part of a close-knit team of creative and technical staff.

ABOUT US:  Dynamic Diagrams was founded in 1990 as a design studio devoted
to presenting information on the computer screen.  With the rise of the
Internet, the company expanded its scope, and helped to define the emerging
discipline of information architecture in the process.  Over the years
Dynamic Diagrams has provided successful solutions for organizations such as
Hewlett-Packard, MIT, Volkswagen, the Rockefeller Foundation, Samsung
Electronics Corporation, and the World Health Organization.   Our
experienced team brings an eclectic perspective to the complex and
overlapping worlds of communication, design, and technology.

WHERE WE ARE:  Our studio is located in the heart of Providence, RI,  a
thriving urban center that offers a flourishing arts scene, world-renowned
restaurants, close proximity to New England's finest beaches, and access to
the academic communities of the Rhode Island School of Design and Brown
University.  We are within commuting distance of Boston, Western
Connecticut, and Central Massachusetts.

TO APPLY:  We are unable to offer relocation and request that candidates be
within commuting distance of Providence, RI.  Please submit a resume, cover
letter including salary requirements, and relevant work samples to:
careers at dynamicdiagrams.com.

Lisa Agustin
Sr. Information Architect
Dynamic Diagrams