[Sigia-l] 10 days from now: EURO IA

Peter Boersma peter at peterboersma.com
Tue Sep 19 14:26:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

I just got off the phone with my fellow EURO IA organizing committee members
and wanted to share the energy I felt there:

EURO IA 2006 is going to be great!

For those who don't know about this event, which will be held on September
30 and October 1(*) in Berlin (Germany) here's some quotes from press
release of early August:

With the theme of "Building Our Practice" this year’s Summit provides
European interactive/web professionals with a unique opportunity to meet new
people, share their experiences, and learn valuable new techniques for
creating interactive applications that provide true business value.

One of the highlights of this year’s Summit will be the keynote speech by
Peter Morville, author of the best-selling book Ambient Findability, and a
founding father of the Information Architecture field. There are also
several other internationally acclaimed authors, plus leading innovators
from the world of on-line business.

There will be over 25 presentations and posters from 10 European nations
during the two-day event. Other high profile speakers include Steven
Pemberton, a major force in the World Wide Web Consortium; Bogo Vatovec, an
expert on content for mobile devices; and Ariel Guersenzvaig, who will
describe persuasive communication techniques that help convert users into
customers.

Please check the conference website at http://www.euroia.org to find the
full conference programme, speakers’ biographies, hotel details, and other
useful information.
If you see a chance to join us in Berlin, please act on it now and start by
registering here: http://www.euroia.org/registration.html
(ASIS&T and IAI members qualify for the discounted rate).

I hope to see you in Berlin!
Peter
(*) Yes, that's 11 days from now, but there will be a welcome reception on
Friday the 29th and I am counting that as the start of the event. Cheers!
--
Peter Boersma | Senior Experience Designer | Info.nl
Sint Antoniesbreestraat 16 | 1011 HB | Amsterdam, The Netherlands