[Sigia-l] Empathy

Peter Boersma peter at peterboersma.com
Mon Sep 4 15:07:52 EDT 2006

Christopher Fahey wrote:
> What do you think? Is it fair of us to claim "empathy" as a something
> that makes us special?

I decided to look for an empathy test and found this one:
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=2240560109112545646
(9 quick questions, including "Do you consider yourself to be empathic?"; so
the test doesn't seem to be properly validated, but hey, for 5 minutes of
searching and this purpose it's good enough!)

When I took the test it reported me that I was "Quite Empathic" ("You are
73% empathic!") and that I was more empathetic than 99% of the people from
my age and gender. What if we all took the test and see if we all score
above average? Would that tell us something?

Peter
P.S.: Please note that I am *not* asking every member of this list to take
the test and report back to either me nor the list! Consider this a
thought-experiment!
--
Peter Boersma | Senior Experience Designer | Info.nl
Sint Antoniesbreestraat 16 | 1011 HB | Amsterdam, The Netherlands