[Sigia-l] Rant about bad IA practice.

A.F. Cossham cossham00 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Oct 28 21:25:32 EDT 2006

Stewart

I think you may be underestimating their use.  RSS feeds are being
subscribed to in increasing numbers by non-web heads and non-geeks in the
library and information science worlds, as part of their current awareness
and professional reading strategies.  Yes, some don't 'get' what they're
about. But they are a useful tool for those trying to keep up with
everything (in a world where there are many useful tools), and a good
supplement to other sources.

Many mainstream websites are now loading them (e.g.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/rss) - and I think that there is and will continue
to be a substantial interest in them well beyond the 'geeky and web head
oriented, and even beyond the information professionals.

This is, of course, from the perspective of a user, not a creator, of them.
Regards,
Amanda