[Sigia-l] IA search engine at Google

Dmitry Nekrasovski mail.dmitry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:00:46 EDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made a search engine focused on IA at Google:
> http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=009152787519343903573%3At_jc5emfnco
>
> Anyone can volunteer to help build it :)

So let me ask the obvious, if perhaps a little crass, question: Why
would anyone volunteer to help build one, when anyone can build their
own (and, as Lee points out, reap the right hand link benefits)?

I do agree that this is probably the best idea Google has come up in a
while. A bit reminiscent of Squidoo (which is also supposed to enable
subject matter experts to put together collections of resources and
profit from their expertise in the process). Unlike Squidoo though,
this actually looks like it could be useful for end users.

Dmitry