[Sigia-l] [JOB] Interaction Design Postions in the Platform Team at Yahoo! Sunnyvale

erin malone erinmalone at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 17:49:34 EDT 2006

Hi all -

I have a couple of really important and interesting positions
on my team here at Yahoo! These positions are new or as a result of
people transferring to other roles which opens up great opportunities
for you!

Rather than post the full long bulletted list of the
job descriptions I have presented here a brief overview of each role in
the hopes that the excitement that I feel about each role comes
through. Please feel free to ping me for the full description or if you
have questions or if you want to send me resume.

ABOUT THE TEAM - PLATFORM DESIGN
Platform
Design at Yahoo! supports the Platform Products Group and is
responsible for the development of NETWORK standards, the Pattern
Libraries, solutions and components for the UI WIdget Library, for the
Personalization platform, for intertwining Community across the network
and for Membership touchpoints across the network. Our team consists of
Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, User Researchers and
Developers. Team members work closely with other cross functional
people from Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, QA, and others.

CURATE THE YAHOO! PATTERN LIBRARY
Yahoo!'s
Platform User Experience Design team is looking for a new curator for
the Pattern Library. The curator works with designers from across
Yahoo! to develop new patterns and to eventually migrate a pattern to
the public library. You will be responsible for spotting trends in the
designs of our properties, for designing and crafting new additions to
the library and for evangelizing the authorship of new patterns among
your Interaction Designer colleagues. You will partner with our
Platform Presentation Engineering team to create interactions and best
practices that accompany the UI Widget Library. Additionally, you will
own the external Public Pattern Library and develop the pattern
lifecycle from internal to external libraries. And last but not least,
you will be the spearhead and driver for a new addition to our Library
suite - a new Terms Library and will work closely with our internal
editorial team.

Please send resume and portfolio (links to online work ok)
Please reference Job #RX1000017268

DRIVE THE USER EXPERIENCE OF OUR MEMBERSHIP OFFERINGS
The
Yahoo! Membership team is looking for a talented interaction designer
who can champion and lead user experience efforts on user signup, sign
in, account management, recovery, and protection. Yahoo! has the
largest user base of any online service, and we're looking for a
brilliant, creative, and resourceful collaborator to simplify,
expedite, and ease the process of all membership activities for our
massive (and ever-growing) user base. You will work closely and
hands-on with a core team while collaborating with teams from our
increasing number of non-browser-based products.
Please send resume and portfolio (links to online work ok)
Please reference Job #RX1000017228

Resond to me directly at emalone [at] yahoo-inc.com

thanks

Erin