[Sigia-l] The Best Practice in Browser Sizes

andrew at humaneia.com andrew at humaneia.com
Tue Oct 24 03:35:47 EDT 2006

Quoting Ziya Oz <listera at earthlink.net>:

> Yes, there was a time not so long ago when if you didn't/couldn't use Visio
> you could hardly get a IA job in a corporate or even agency setting. I don't
> know if they also made you do Venn diagrams. :-)

I remember the discussions around Visio and best practice with great
fondness :)

It is a little like any other "best practice" I suppose - we've all
seen the jobs that read a bit like this: "Wanted, Information
Architect, must be proficient in Photoshop, DreamWeaver, and AJAX". It
all gets back to the question of what an IA is. According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Information_architecture: "There's
not much to information architecture once you get past all the
promotion. It's much more just the use of the granfalloon technique
than it is a profession".

I am not sure if I an a granfalloonist or a granfalloonian. If anyone
knows the answer, please let me know :)

Cheers, Andrew