[Sigia-l] tagging versus taxonomy

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:03:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

I know it is debated to death in some circles, but the conversation
mostly evolves around the theme of top down design versus bottom up
collective wisdom - while I wanted to look at it from another angle.
Tagging is not only about using lonly tags, but also about using them
in conjunction - that is, it defines a simple language for defining
sets of objects and using it with n tags you can describe no less than
2^n (2 to the power of n) different properties.
Since human brain can remember only a finite set of categories this is
not a useless thing.

Is that a new angle or I am reinventing the weel with this argument?

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/