[Sigia-l] SEO versus Experience design versus usability

kate.simpson at freshfields.com kate.simpson at freshfields.com
Thu Oct 12 10:18:11 EDT 2006

Marianne stated: "I see that IA is a fundamental part of search optimization."

I agree with this statement. As Peter Morville stated in his Keynote at this year's EuroIA (and a recurrent theme with other speakers too) - search is BIG, and the future of search is BIGGER. If we know what's what we should be learning, understanding and ultimately optimising the search engines beneath our UIs to better enable people to find the information they need.

Thing is, search engines (at my org anyway), are the preserve of developers and not IAs - how do I convince them otherwise?

Thanks Marianne for a great topic!

Kate

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your co-operation. Please contact our IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 7936 4000 Ext.2000 or email ITHelp at freshfields.com if you need assistance.

Please refer to http://www.freshfields.com/legalnotice/uk.asp for regulatory information relating to the provision of insurance mediation services.